Ark Lodge No. 33
In June of 1807 a petition for a Lodge in the Village of Geneva was issued. The Mother Lodge, Mount Moriah made the recommendation. DeWitt Clinton was the presiding Grand Master of Masons of the State of New York, as well as the Governor of New York. In September of that same year, Ark No. 160 was chartered, with Philetus Swift named as the Master. The group met at the home of Brother Pearly Phillips on Exchange Street, and numbered 21 Brothers. In 1839 Grand Lodge issued Ark Lodge the number 33.
From 1857 until 1907 Ark Lodge went through a transitional period. Corydon Wheat was five times Master, twice District Deputy Grand Master. He was a great administrator, ritualist and was known as “Master Builder.” From 1874 to 1899 the Lodge saw a period of great prosperity, harmony and peace. In 1903 the Masonic Temple Corporation came into being, and in 1907 the Lodge celebrated its 100-year anniversary.
In 1919 Ark Lodge recommended a Charter for Geneva No. 965, which then became a daughter Lodge. In 1932 Lodge membership reached an all-time high with 668 members.
Honored members of Ark Lodge No. 33 are: Charles G. Judd, DDGM (1st) 1855-56; Corydon Wheat, DDGM (1858–59 & 1862–63); George S. Stubbs, DDGM (1900–02); Ellis A. Griffith, DDGM (1911–13); Charles J. Root, DDGM (1917–19); Charles B. Guile, DDGM (1928–30); Philip Heimlich, DDGM (1950–51); Charles E. Ringer, DDGM (1956-57); Charles A. Rouse, DDGM (1965–66); Anthony J. Khoury, DDGM (1979–80); Roger Haich, DDGM (1987–88); Jed Brandow, DDGM (2012–14); Thomas Abraham, DDGM (2016-2018), and Luther Kelly, Grand Visitor 1839; Charles Brandow, GS (1957–58); Harry George, GDC (1982–83); Thomas Abraham, GDC (2014-16) and John H. Stelter, Grand Rep. (1966-68); Lance Ward, Grand Rep. (2010-12).
Milo Lodge No. 108
Freemasonry in the Penn Yan area dates back to 1810. The first Lodge was Vernon Lodge No. 190, named after Mount Vernon or after the Town of Vernon. The town in Ontario County was set off from the Town of Jerusalem by an act of legislature in 1803, and included the later Towns of Benton, Milo and Torrey. The Town of Vernon later became Town of Snell, after Senator Snell. In 1810 the name was changed to Benton, and has remained as such. The Town of Milo was set off from Benton in 1818, and the Town of Torrey from Milo in 1851. It should be noted that Vernon Lodge was constituted 13 years prior to the time when Yates County was set off from Ontario, and 23 years before the incorporation of the village of Penn Yan. From 1810 to 1830 the Masons met in several places, such as Lee’s Tavern, on the Pre- Emption Rd., the home of Asa Cole, Morris Sheppard’s “upper room,” and the Court House. The last recorded meeting of Vernon Lodge was held December 27, 1830. Masonry remained dormant throughout the “Morgan period” in Yates County until 1845, when on August 12 Penn Yan Lodge (U. D.) held its first meeting. Penn Yan Lodge held 10 meetings and raised 15 Masons. For some reason, never clearly understood, this Dispensation was with- drawn, and in 1846 a new one was issued to Milo Lodge No. 108. The first meeting of Milo Lodge was held on April 15, 1846, and on June 6 a Charter was granted.
John L. Lewis was the first Mason raised in Milo Lodge, and under his leadership Milo Lodge took an active part in the 1848 amendment of the Constitution of the Grand Lodge. He served as Grand Master for four years. By his efforts the two Grand Lodges in the State of New York were brought together, and Masonry was strengthened. Grand Master Lewis furnished many of the plans for the construction of the beautiful Masonic Temple in New York City in 1875. He served as the head of all the Grand Lodge bodies of Masonry. He received his 33rd Degree in both the Northern and Southern Jurisdictions, and was elected Grand Commander of the Supreme Council of 33rd Degree Masons of America. Later, Lewis was nominated by the Grand Lodge of England, Scotland and Wales to represent them in the U.S.
Honored members are: Charles G. Judd, DDGM (1855-56); Niram Bigelow, DDGM (1861-62); James Burns, DDGM (1863-64); John N. Macomb, Jr., DDGM (1885-89); George S. Sheppard, DDGM (1897-98); Edson Potter, DDGM (1903-04); Dennis G. Pierce, DDGM (1922-24); Burton Cooper, DDGM (1952-53); Ernest W. Bollen, DDGM ( 1955-56); James F. Josselyn, DDGM ( 1968-69); James H. Rice, DDGM (1992-94) and Grand Historian (2008 – present) and John L. Lewis, GS (1851-53); George A. Bean, GS ( 1889-90); Edward H. Hopkins, GS ( 1902-03); William R. Williamson, GSB (1989-90).
Seneca Lodge No. 113
A petition to organize a Masonic Lodge was submitted to the Grand Lodge and Grand Master Alexander Robinson granted a dispensation on July 31, 1845 for Seneca Lodge No. 105 U. D. After some distress with other Lodge locally a charter was issued for Seneca Lodge No. 113 by Grand Master John D. Willard with General Caleb Fairchild as first Master.
Meetings took place in Columbian Hall, Sempter Block (Odd Fellows Hall), Schott Block, and the Dempsey Block. The Lodge has been a tenant with Pocahontas Lodge in their building on Mound Road since 1990.
Honored members are: James E. Batsford, DDGM (1892-93); Judson C. Hulbert, DDGM (1906-08); Hubert H. Senior, DDGM (1920-21); John C. Becker, DDGM (1949-50); Richard C. Terbush, DDGM (1982-83); George Meyers, DDGM (2010-12) and John C. Becker, GS (1941-42); Lester M. Sempter, GSB (1974-75); Clare W. Judd, GS (1988-89); Richard W. Bellows, GS (1992-94) and Kenneth Brush, Grand Rep. (1999-2002).
William F. Strang was raised in Seneca Lodge No 113 in 1905. He affiliated with Seneca Lodge No. 920 in Rochester in 1914 and eventually became Grand Master in 1942-43.
Dundee Lodge No. 123
Masons living in the Town of Reading first held meetings in Eddytown, now Lakemont, after receiving a Charter from Grand Lodge on June 7, 1823, under the name of Reading Lodge No. 366. Following much confusion in the delivery of mail, Grand Lodge approved in 1828 a change in the Lodge name to Ionic Lodge (sometimes called Reading-Ionic) No. 366. Following the Morgan incident, Ionic Lodge No. 366 membership declined, and the Lodge was forced to surrender its Charter in 1831.
On June 3, 1847, Grand Lodge issued a new Charter for Reading-Dundee Lodge No. 308. Grand Lodge appointed Hosea Palmer as Master, Samuel Kress, Jr. and John T. Andrews. With the consent of Grand Lodge on June 4, 1858, Reading-Dundee Lodge officially became Dundee Lodge No. 123. A fire on January 20, 1900, destroyed all Lodge records prior to December 30, 1881. Also lost in the fire was the original Charter, which Grand Lodge duplicated on May 2, 1900.
Masons from the Dundee area have met in a variety of locations. Prior to 1860, they met in the Hamlin Block at 44 Seneca Street; from 1860 to 1888 Lodge met in the Wall and Wilkins Block; and from 1 888 to 1900, they met in the T.D. Beekman Block, until it was destroyed by fire. Following the fire, the Masons returned to the Wilkins block from 1900 to 1956. From 1956 to 1990, Masons met at the Masonic Hall at 20 Water Street. The Masons then met for several years at a local church and now hold their meetings in the Bath National Bank building.
Dundee most noted Mason was Isaac Andrews, a surveyor by trade, who served as George Washington’s Private Secretary. Whether Andrews helped Washington survey this area or served with Washington during the Revolutionary War remains a mystery. We do know that Reading Lodge members buried Andrews with Masonic Honors. Andrews and his wife Mabel are buried in the old cemetery site on Seneca Street, which now serves as a Village park and entrance to the historical society.
Honored members are: Theodore M. Horton, DDGM (1893-94); Edward M. Sawyer, DDGM (1894-95); Albert T. Beardsley, DDGM (1930-32); Benjamin Disbrow, DDGM (1964-65); Morris C. Peele, DDGM (1972-73); James E. Wheeler, DDGM (1989-90); John H. Weaver, GS (1984-85).
Milnor Lodge No. 139
Organizational plans for a Masonic Lodge were made about 1816 at the Inn on Boughton Hill just south of the present village of Victor. On December 1, 1817, Ontario Lodge No. 23 in Canandaigua and Zion Lodge No. 172 in East Bloomfield recommended the petition to establish a Lodge in Victor. One Zion Lodge member who signed the recommendation was Brother Claudius Victor Boughton, for whom the Town of Victor was named during the War of 1812. Grand Lodge granted the petition on March 4, 1818, and issued a Warrant on April 15, 1818 to Milnor Lodge No. 303. The Lodge was named in honor of James Milnor, D.D., a lawyer who served at various times as a member of Congress, Bishop of the Episcopal Church, Grand Master of Masons in Pennsylvania and Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of New York. The first Master was Jacob Lobdell with the first meeting held April 20, 1818 at James Gillis’ Hotel
The Lodge prospered for a time, but anti-Masonic activity resulting from the Morgan Affair, led to its being unofficially closed from 1826 to 1848, though meetings may have been held in private homes. The last minutes were recorded on December 31, 1831. Grand Lodge forfeited its Charter on June 5, 1835. In either 1836 or 37 Luther Kelly, Grand Visitor, advised the Lodge to hold onto the charter. In 1848 the charter was presented to Grand Lodge when Milnor Lodge was reactivated as No. 139.
The first communication was held on January 20, 1847 with the first Master being Asahel Moore. A new charter was granted on June 19, 1848. The great fire of January 1893 destroyed everything belonging to Milnor Lodge No. 139 except the charter and the membership record.
Honored members of Milnor Lodge are: Bolivar Ellis, DDGM (1870–72); John Woolston, DDGM (1940–42); David Maltman, DDGM (1970–71); K. Norman Holcomb, DDGM (1978–79); Richard E. Flower, DDGM (1984–85); Eldon White, DDGM (2004–06) and Andrew Charles, GDC (1973–74); Eldon White, GDC (1998–2000); and Kenneth Hall, GSB (2000–02).
Farmerville-Union Lodge No. 183
The first Lodge in the community that began as McCall’s Tavern in 1803, then to Framer in 1815, then to Farmer Village in 1865, then finally to Interlaken in 1905. August 14, 1822 a petition was sent to the Grand Lodge to form a Lodge in the Village of Farmer. Fidelity Lodge No. 329 of Trumansburg recommended the action. A charter was granted March 7, 1823 by M. W. Joseph Enos to Farmer Lodge No. 357 with the first Master being Robert Herriott. The last meeting was held December 19, 1829 and forfeited June 5, 1834.
Farmerville Lodge No. 183 came into being when Grand Master William H. Milnor granted a charter on December 3, 1850 with Nathan B. Wheeler as first Master. Meeting places were Odd Fellows Hall, over James Knight store, over hardware store, shoe factory and Wickes Drug store. In 1893 a new Masonic hall was dedicated and in 1909 an addition of a banquet and club room to the Lodge room was completed.
On January 1, 1979 was the date of consolidation of Farmer Lodge and Union Lodge No. 114 into Farmerville-Union Lodge No. 183 with the first Master Donald A. Dill. On May 2, 1984 consolidation with Lodi Lodge No. 345 into Farmerville-Union Lodge No. 183 was approved by Grand Master Calvin G. Bond.
Honored members are:Charles F. Sanborn, DDGM (1902-03); Elias B. Van Arsdale, DDGM (1910–11); Reller D. Van Wagenen, DDGM (1934–36); Charles J. Wickes, DDGM (1953–54); David H. Wilson, DDGM (1957–58); Emmet D’Arcy, DDGM (1963–64); G. Douglas Vanbenschoten, DDGM (1969–70); John Whittier, DDGM (1977–78); Donald A. Dill, DDGM (1998–2000); John Hubbard, DDGM (2014–2016); and John Mulford, GS (1978–79); Donald A. Dill, GS (1981–82); Edward Burr, GDC (1987–88); and Henry Wikoff, Grand Rep of Nevada (1950);
Garoga-Sincerity Lodge No. 200
This Lodge came into being in 1999 with the consolidation of Sincerity Lodge No. 200 of Phelps and Garoga Lodge No. 300 of Clifton Springs.
The first Lodge in the Town of Phelps was Mt. Moriah Lodge No. 112 between the years 1804 and 1807. This Lodge was given permission to meet alternatively in Phelps and Palmyra. Mt. Moriah Lodge in 1807 received permission to meet only in Palmyra which it did until 1835 when it forfeited its charter.
On January 8, 1811 a petition was submitted to organize a Masonic Lodge in the Village of Vienna. Ark Lodge recommended the petition. A dispensation was granted on May 7, 1811 to Sincerity Lodge whose first Master was Wells Whitmore. A warrant was granted on December 7, 1811 for Sincerity Lodge No. 200 by M. W. DeWitt Clinton. During the years 1826 – 31 the Lodge met in secret, first in the home of Bro. Benjamin Wheat.
Application was made to Grand Lodge in 1857, and a Charter was granted on June 19, 1858. Sincerity Lodge was assigned the No. 443 at that time, but the original No. 200 was restored exactly a year later. In 1869, Sincerity Lodge contracted with a builder reconstructing a business block in the center of the village. The third floor was built exclusively for the Lodge as a Masonic Hall. Sincerity Lodge No. 200 first met in these rooms in 1870 and held meetings there until 1978.
Garoga Lodge No. 300 began in the year 1853 in Fulton County in a small village of Garoga in the town of Ephratah ten miles west of Johnstown. The petition was recommended by St. Patrick’s Lodge No. 4. A Dispensation was granted January 5, 1853 by M. W. Nelson Randall. A charter was granted On June 11, 1853. The Lodge changed its location several times over the next years. A petition for forming a Lodge in Clifton Springs was submitted and recommended by Lodges in Canandaigua, Palmyra, and Newark it was consistently denied by Grand Lodge as Sincerity Lodge in Phelps felt it would be a disadvantage to them with only two miles separating the communities. On October 18, 1911 several Brothers from the Clifton Springs area affiliated with Garoga Lodge in Fulton County and on November 3, 1911 M. W. Robert J. Kenworthy granted permission to relocate Garoga Lodge to Clifton Springs. The first communication in Clifton Springs was on November 15, 1911. The first Master in Clifton Springs was William A. Judd.
This Lodge meets at its new Lodge rooms on Ontario Street in Phelps. The new Lodge building was dedicated in the fall of 1979 with Grand Master William R. Punt present at the laying of the cornerstone. The new location was an immediate success and membership grew to 93 in two months. Garoga Lodge No. 300 prospered nearly another 90 years. In 1990, Garoga No. 300 lost its meeting room and rented one from Sincerity No. 200 until both Lodges unanimously agreed to merge in 1999, were granted a Charter and first met as Garoga-Sincerity Lodge No. 200 on November 2, 1999.
Honored members are: Fred D. Vanderhoof, DDGM (1883–85); Charles H. Burt, DDGM (1899–1900); William A. Judd, DDGM (1915–17); George W. Salisbury, DDGM (1919–20); Albert G. Odell, DDGM (1932-34); Ollie J. DeVall, DDGM (1937–38); John E. Loveless, DDGM (1959–60); E. Platt Soper, DDGM (1962–63); Robert Roby, DDGM (1975–76); Robert G. Bird, DDGM (1980–81); Ramon A. Howard, DDGM (1985–86); Clayton R. Ruggles, DDGM (2000–04); Ronald Galens, DDGM (2008–10); Jed Brandow, DDGM (2012-2014); Thomas Abraham, DDGM (2016-2018); and William A. Judd, GSB (1901–02); Albert G. Odell, GSB (1923–24); Alonzo S. Rathbun, GDC (1935–36); Gerald M. Weyneth, GDC (1990–91); Arthur P. Day, GDC (1994–96); Thomas Abraham, GDC (2014-2016); and Clayton R. Ruggles, JGD, SGD (2010-14); Ronald Galens, GT (2012-14).
Pocahontas Lodge No. 211
A petition for the organization of a new Masonic Lodge in Seneca County was submitted to the Grand Lodge. On March 4, 1851 Grand Master James Gibson granted a charter for Pocahontas Lodge No. 211. The first Master was John Morse. Meeting places were Cuddeback hall, Good Templars Hall, Grand Army of the Republic hall, Mynderse Block and new Masonic Temple on Cayuga Street until the new Temple was built on Mound Road at the corner of State Route 414.
Honored members are: James D. Pollard, DDGM (1866–67); Peter H. Van Auken, DDGM (1880–81); Clarence A. McDonald, DDGM (1898–99); John C. Davis, DDGM (1904–06); Henry G. Meacham, DDGM (1924–26); Floyd H. Olmstead, DDGM (1938–39); Frank W. Vogel, DDGM (1951–52); Robert T. Mills, DDGM (1960–61); and James D. Pollard, Grand Visitor (1867); J. Edward Rafferty, GDC (1970–71); William Valois, GDC (2008–10); Frederick Newton, GDC (2010–12) and William Marsh, Grand Rep. (1994-96).
Henry G. Meacham became the Grand Lecturer from 1926 to 1953. He wrote the Masonic book “Our Stations and Places” which is still used as the ultimate guide for Lodge officers. He also wrote “The First Hundred Years of Pocahontas Lodge, 1851 – 1951”.
Canandaigua Lodge No. 294
A pioneer Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons was first established in Ontario County in the village of Canandaigua when a petition was signed by nine Brothers on October 31, 1791. The first charter was granted to Ontario Lodge No. 23 on October 12, 1792.
The petition was recommended by Milnor Lodge No. 139 to form a Lodge in Canandaigua, exact date unknown. The original name was to be St. John’s Lodge but was objected to as one already existed, so the name was changed to Canandaigua Lodge. A dispensation was granted on January 8, 1853 by the Grand Master, M. W. Reuben Walworth. A charter was issued to Canandaigua Lodge No. 294 on June 11, 1853 with Samuel Salisbury as the first Master.
In 1819 the Brothers of Canandaigua Lodge were determined to erect a Masonic Hall. The work was commenced and completed and dedicated in 1821. When the old courthouse was razed the workmen brought to light the apparent fact that the foundation originally been that of a Masonic Hall. On opening a leaden box found in the cornerstone in the northeast corner it was found to contain a Bible,some old newspapers and a silver plate with an inscription on one side: “Corner Stone of Masonic Hall laid by Harris Seymour, Master of Ontario Lodge No. 23 Anna Salutis Americanai XLIII. A. L. 5819, DeWitt Clinton, M W G M of the State of New York”, followed by the names of the architects and builders. On the reverse side was the inscription; “Corner Stone of Ontario County Court House, laid by M W John L. Lewis, Jr. G. M. of the State of New York, July 4, 1857, assisted by Excelsior Chapter 164 and Canandaigua Lodge 294, signed N. G. Chesebro, S. W. Salisbury, A. H. Hagar, Com”.
After forty years of Masonic activity in Canandaigua Grand Lodge forfeited the charter of Ontario Lodge No. 23 on June 8, 1832.
On June 27, 1853 at the first meeting of the new Lodge, the officers were installed by W. Luther Kelly of Ark Lodge assisted by Brothers John L. Lewis and James Burns of Milo Lodge. After meeting in several places the Lodge purchased the Hallenbeck Block for its use. A Temple Corporation was also established to finance and remodel the building. The Lodge remained here until 1995 when Ontario County purchased the building. The Temple Corporation purchased and remodeled a building on State Route 21 in Shortsville where it still meets.
In 2008, Rushville Lodge No. 377 consolidated with Canandaigua Lodge No. 294 to become Canandaigua Lodge No. 294.
Honored members of Canandaigua Lodge are: Samuel G. Salisbury, DDGM (1856-57 & 1865-66); Thomas H. Bennett, DDGM (1874-75); Hiram H. Hutchens, DDGM (1896-97); Clair L. Morey, DDGM (1921-22); John E. Peck, DDGM (1936-37); James B. Patterson, DDGM (1948-49); Ralph D. Johnson, DDGM (1961-62); Raymond E. Hughes, DDGM (1966/67); George Stanton, Jr., DDGM (1988-89) and Floyd Johnson, Grand Rep. (1978-80); George Stanton, Jr., GSB (1983-84); and James Giselson, Grand Rep. (1987-89); George Stanton, Sr. Grand Rep. (1991-93). And from Rushville 377: Edward G. Chapman, DDGM (1908-10); Peter P. King, DDGM (1942-44); Emory L. Fox, DDGM (1958-59); Wilfred Kennedy, DDGM (1973-74); Jack E. Stover, DDGM (1983-84); Herbert J. Frankish, DDGM (1986-87); James H. Rice, DDGM ( 1992-94) and Edward G. Chapman, GSB (1904-05); Jack E. Stover, GSB ( 1980-81) and James H. Rice, Grand Historian (2008 – present).
Seneca Lake Lodge No. 308
The Village of West Dresden was the principal settlement in the Town of Torrey, Yates County. The Town was formed in 1851 from parts of the Towns of Benton and Milo. It was named for Henry Torrey of Rushville. In August 1850,. nine area Freemasons petitioned Grand Lodge for a dispensation to form a new Masonic Lodge in West Dresden. The petition was recommended by Milo Lodge No. 108, Penn Yan. A dispensation was granted January 4, 1853 by M. W. Nelson Randall, Grand Master. The first communication was held January 21, 1865.
Meetings were held in a variety of locations: Veazie Hotel at corner of Charles and Seneca Streets; a room in Luther Harris home; the Van Deventer Hotel and over E. E. Buckley’s blacksmith shop on Milo Street. In 1905 a new Masonic Hall was erected on the C. D. Brundage lot where his store had previously burned where it still meets. The first Master was Orrin W. Giles and its honored members are: Ernest W. Bollen, DDGM (1955-56); Amos A. Norman, GS (1909-10); Roy L. Van Houten, GS (1934-35) Herbert Goodman, GS (2004-06);and John McCormick GSB, and Percy Lain, Grand Rep. (1984-86). Meetings are currently held on the first and third Thursdays of the month.
Eagle Lodge No. 619
Genesee Lodge No. 138 existed in the Town of Richmond with a warrant dated June 14, 1806 and forfeited its charter in 1829. A petition was sent to Grand Lodge in 1866 to form a new Lodge. It was recommended by Naples Lodge No.133 and Union Lodge No. 45 in Lima. A dispensation was granted on July 30, 1866 by M. W. Robert D. Holmes with the first Master Ami W. Stevens. The charter was granted on June 14, 1867 by m. W. Stephen H. Johnson with the first meeting held July 15, 1867. Meetings took place over Gilbert’s store, the Grange hall and hardware store on Main Street before moving to a new building on County Road 36.
Honored members are: Harry J. McKee, DDGM – 1967 – 68; Herbert Treble, DDGM (1974–75); H. Edward Struble, DDGM (1981–82); Robert Zollweg, DDGM (1991–92); and Donald A. West, GDC (1977–78); Terry M. Leonard, GS (1998–2000); Arthur E. Treble, Grand Rep. (1951–54).
John Hodge Lodge No. 815
A petition to form a Masonic Lodge in Naples was sent to Grand Lodge dated October 1, 1824. The petition was recommended by Harmony Lodge No. 293 in Gorham on November 4, 1824. A dispensation was granted by Grand Lodge on December 26, 1824 and a charter was issued on June 1, 1825 by M. W. Stephen Van Rensselaer to Naples Lodge No. 447. The first Master was Asahel Stone, Jr. The last return from Naples Lodge was dated January 29, 1826 and the charter surrendered in 1830.
March 21, 1848a petition was sent to Grand Lodge for a new Lodge in naples. The petition was recommended by Phoenix Lodge No. 115 in Dansville. A dispensation was granted by M. W. John D. Willard on April 3, 1848 to Naples Lodge U. D. and a charter was issued on June 10, 1848 to Naples Lodge No. 133 with William B. Johnson as first Master. The Lodge met in Odd Fellows Hall, over A. T. Nelson’s store and Thomas Parkinson’s building. The last recorded meeting was September 33, 1880. On June 9, 1881 the charter was forfeited by Grand Lodge.
A petition was signed on January 8, 1895 and sent to Grand Lodge for the organization of a third Lodge in Naples. The petition was recommended by Canandaigua Lodge No. 294 October 15, 1894. A dispensation was granted on March 2, 1895 by M. W. John Hodge. A charter was issued June 6, 1895 with the first Master David H. Conley, M.D. M. W. John Hodge died on August 7, 1895 and the Acting Deputy Grand Master, Judge William W. Sutherland dedicated the Lodge on September 3, 1895 as No. 815.
Honored members are: David H. Conley, DDGM (1913–15); Harrie P. Weatherlow, DDGM (1926–28); Charles J. Briglin, DDGM (1954–55); and S. Dey Wells, GS (1967–68); Lyall Winter, GSB (1976–77); Robert Hangii, GSB (2012–14) and Alan Bartholomew, Grand Rep. (1990-92).
Geneva Lodge No. 965
The formation of a second Masonic Lodge in Geneva was first mentioned in January 1899 however the plan never materialized until 1919. On June 14, 1919 a petition was signed by twenty-one Masons and submitted to Grand Lodge. Ark Lodge recommended the petition on June 18, 1919. A dispensation was granted to Geneva Lodge by the Grand Master, M. W. William S. Farmer on July 28, 1919. A warrant was granted on May 6, 1920 and Geneva Lodge No. 965 was constituted and its first Master was Willis E. Loftus.
Meetings were held in the Masonic Temple, South Main Street at the corner of William Street. Honored members are: C. Clinton Tills, DDGM (1939-40); Charles J. Blood, DDGM (1944-46); Harold Shaw, DDGM (1971-72); Earl L. Bowen, DDGM (1990-91); John Wright, DDGM (1994-96); Bruce D. Huie, DDGM (1996-98); David Locke, DDGM (2006-08) and Dale M. Shaw, GDC (1979-80); H. Eugene Blood, GSB (1986-87); William Colin, GSB (2002-04) and Ed Carris, GDC (2006-08) and Wilfred Reed, Grand Rep (1971-73).